You can wash your boots in the low cycle of the machine. But I recommend, don’t do it. It will cause harm to your boots. You better wash it with your hands.”
Timberlands are made with quality leather, and leather products are usually susceptible to different triggers. For example, some Timberland boots are waterproof, but some are not. But quality-wise, both are good.
I’m a Timberland boots fan. If you tell me boots, my brain will count them as “Timberland boots,” which is how much I love them. This is why I’m too protective about my boots and sneakers.
Can You Wash Timberland Boots In The Washing Machine?
It depends on the boots’ materials. For example, never wash your dirty leather boots in the washing machine. It can cause severe damage to the shoes. But as for fabric boots, it’s okay to clean in a machine.
Maximum boots are made with leather or other quality materials. Among them, some are waterproof, and some are not. If you want to wash the water-irresistible one, then don’t do it. But if you are planning to clean the waterproof boots, then you can do it.
For washing your dirty boots in the washing machine, you need to follow some processes. So, here is some guideline for you.
- 1st step: Use a high level of water in the machine. (if you can) and the water should be normal.
- 2nd step: keep the agitation and spin in the low cycle. (High speed will crack your boots)
- 3rd step: put a little amount of detergent (must be liquid)
- 4th step: hang it to naturally dry. (using a dryer is not a good option)
What is the best way to clean Timberland Boots?
Timberland boots were mainly designed as sturdy work boots, but now, people wear them as everyday shoes. But whether you use them as regular wear or study workwear, you need to keep your Timberland clean to make them longer lasting and bright.
In addition, timberland boots are made with nubuck leather, so you need to take special care of them.
Let’s see some of the best ways to clean Timberland Boots :
method #1 – Light Cleaning Process:
- Clean small spots:
If there are just a tiny number of spots on your boots, clean them with a soft brush. But if the sports are deep, you should also use soft brushes and clean them as much as possible. Timberland boots sell a cleansing kit named “suede brush,” you can purchase that too.
- Use an eraser to remove the dirty marks:
Use an ordinary pencil eraser, a Timberland cleaning bar, or a generic suede eraser to remove the scuff marks on the boots. Gently Rub the bar or eraser on the scuff marks until they disappear. It will help you to disappear the light scuff marks, not mud or something filthy.
- Brush your boots again:
After making all the dirt and marks disappear, you need to brush the boots in one direction.
- Do the spot cleaning regularly:
Do the cleaning regularly. In this way, you can keep your boots cleaner.
Method #2 – Deep-Cleaning Process:
- Get cleaning products that match the color of your boot:
Timberland boots have suede, nubuck, and leather materials. So, whenever you purchase a cleanser, remember to check compatibility with the materials and the colors of your boots.
- Remove your shoelaces:
Put the shoelaces off your boots. If these are clean, then keep them aside, and if not, then wash them. For washing, use warm water or put them in the cleaning machine. After cleaning, dry them normally or with a dryer.
- Remove loose mud and dirt with a soft brush:
Brush the surface and bottom of the boots lightly and remove the loose dirt. Timberland has leather boots, and leathers are susceptible. So if you brush them hard, then it can make a scratch on your shoes.
- Put one of your hands inside your boot:
for keeping the shape of your boot intact, put one hand inside your boot. In this way, your shoe size will never hamper.
- Scrub the soles with a mild cleanser:
Grab a mild soap or dish cleanser because deep cleansers will be harmful to your boots. Instead, scrub the soles of your shoes gently with the cleaner. Hard scrubbing call pulls the leather of your shoes.
- Scrub with soap and water:
Scrub your entire boot with soap. Move your brush in one direction and use pressure as needed. Remember that, don’t put too much pressure on it. After cleaning it well, wash it with water. You need to clean it carefully because your one fault can seriously harm your boots.
- Use sandpapers:
You can use sandpaper to clean the extra dirt. It will also be helpful.
- use deep cleaning (if necessary):
if you think that mild cleaning is not enough to remove the dirt from your boots. Then do deep cleansing. But be careful.
Method #3 – Dry and Buff:
- Use paper for supporting your shoes:
Use some paper on the front of your boots. It will keep the shape of your boot well.
- Air dry:
Hang your boot on something and keep it in a well-ventilated place. And let it dry completely. Don’t dry it with sunlight or a dryer. That will make the leather rough and fade.
- Buff the boots:
After drying, the boots can still look weird. In that case, brush it again softly. In that way, it may look good.
- Use conditioner:
Use a quality conditioner to keep the moisture and brightness of your boots.
How do you care for waterproof Timberland boots?
Taking care of waterproof Timberland boots is not that tough. You can obviously get it wet. But the things you need to do is;
- Clean your shoes daily
- Use a soft brush or soft cloth for cleaning
- Using a good leather conditioner for the moisture
- Avoid drying it in sunlight and dryer. (Use air dry)
- Wash them with your hands and avoid washing in the machine if possible.
- Wash with normal water ( avoid hot water)
- Use boot polish for a better look
Handy Hints: If you interested to know more guides about timberlands, visit our other article about Are Timberlands Vegan?
How do you fix water-damaged Timberland boots?
For fixing water-damaged Timberland boots, Use boot polish or the surface or wax your shoes when they become dehydrated. Using water-resisting wax can help to protect the shoes from any future damage. Next, dry your boots by softly rubbing them.
Finally, and most importantly, Let your shoes entirely dehydrated by air, and after that, they will be perfect for wear.
What Do You Need to Clean Timberland Boots With Vinegar?
Vinegar is a fantastic cleaner that effectively removes tough dirt marks in Timberland boots. But there are some methods for Clean Timberland Boots With Vinegar. So let me tell you the technique.
- Baby wipes (4 pieces)
- Bread (4 Slices)
- Vinegar solution
- Talcum powder (2 tablespoons)
- Cotton cloth
- Clean the dirt off your boots with water.
- Wipe your boot’s surface with the baby wipes because they are very soft and smooth.
- Now scrub your boots stain with the bread
- Apply talcum dust on stubborn specks of dirt that are highly visible
- Let the talcum powder settle for a day or at least four hours.
- Lastly, take the entire vinegar solution and rub it on the surface of your boots with the help of the cotton cloth and leave them dehydrated for three hours.
Handy Hints: How To Stretch Your Timberland Shoes?
How to get rid of scratches on Timberland boots?
For getting scratches out of the Timberland boots, I always use my toothpaste methods. It is really great, but you can use commercial products also. So let me share my toothpaste method with you.
- Step 1: Take a little amount of white toothpaste on your hand. Rut it in the scratches area with the help of cotton cloth or your hands.
- Step 2: Clean the toothpaste with a wet cloth.
- Step 3: After drying it, you will see the scratches gone. ( you can repeat it if necessary)
And for the commercial method, you can use the Sauce Cleaner of Timberland Boot in place of toothpaste. It will also be a good one for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Mix liquid soap and some water, dip a soft cloth into it, and gently rub it on the spot. Your water spots will be gone. And if not. Then make the mixture stronger.
No, you can’t because water can cause severe damage to your boot.
Be careful before washing it. Shoes are essential for us, so take care of your boots and make them longer-lasting.
Meet Bryen, a true aficionado in the world of fashion, with a special knack for footwear. From an early age, Bryen’s passion for style and shoes was undeniable. He’s dedicated his life to becoming a footwear and fashion expert, immersing himself in trends, craftsmanship, and the cultural nuances of fashion.